The Second Lesson I learned from Pinoys

I've been meaning to write more about what I learned from Pinoys and my beautiful memory in Boracay. However, because school started already and I got a new part-time job offer at an accounting company, my workload has been doubled and I gotta work like crazy in the past few days. That's why I postponed a bit going on with my journal. Today I got an email from my friend in Boracay and that really made my day. That shows they still remember me and that definitely motivated me to post this journal in the middle of the night.
Today, it's the 20th anniversary of the "people power" revolution that toppled dictator Ferdinand Marcos in 1986. So many people took to the streets in Manila and asked the incumbent President to step down. However, Philippine President declared a state of emergency and made a televised speech saying that the suspects in an attempt to treason had been arrested. It's a mess in Manila right now. I hope it doesn't have much influence on Boracay. Also I'd like to solute my fellow Taiwanese who went to the disaster area to assist in relief effort and to pray for those families that lost their loved ones in the landslide, hoping that they can go thru all the sorrow and sadness and have a better life in the future.
Today, I wanna talk about the mail system in the Philippines. The reason why I want to bring this up is that it is kind of special to me. There is no NUMBERS in an address in the Philippines. It's very common for us to see an address like "No.14, Chung-Shan Rd, Hu-wei Township, Yun-lin County, Taiwan". But it's definitely not the case when it comes to a Philippine address. You can only see the name of the street or the road in the beginng of an address. I didn' t know that until my friend Michael tried to write down his address to me. Interesting, huh? I'm wondering if the road or the street is too long, how can you find the recipient? As I know, most buildings in Manila has its own name. Maybe that's how a mail carrier deliver mails.
Speaking of address systems, I must have to talk about the zip code in Canada. I believe that almost everyone knows that a zip code contains several numeric numbers. However, in Canada, a zip code consists of English letters, not numeric numbers at all. I didn't know that until one day I wanted to mail something to my Canada friend.
Anything goes in the world. There are so many things that we can't learn from school or books, but from travelling. That's why I love travelling so much. I will talk about more next time on what I learned from Pinoys. Please stay tuned. Don't go anywhere. hehe

0 意見: